Monday, November 23

Shoe Split Open.

last friday, a few of us were informed by MrDaniel to attend a meeting in one of KL's most reputable law firm on monday (today). the purpose of the meeting is the firm wants to meet some of us and to introduce their firm's operation. well, we were told to wear formally, and me being me, honestly..i dont own any working attire at all! this was due to the fact that i never work in an office or anywhere similar. yea, it's like so pathetic right?

sigh, since weekend is usually filled with classes, i can only shop for the attire on sunday after class, so i was with my mom in 1u, trying to get something presentable. we ended up in G2000 and i manage to get a knee-length skirt which cost us RM179. i felt really guilty using so much money on just a skirt, considering the fact that i vowed to myself to save more. :(

whereas for the top, i decided not to buy a new one, i'll just borrow from my sister. (hehee! thank goodness she din bring all of them to NY!)

so today, i leave house way ahead of time, so that i won't be late and plus the fact i never been there before. i met up with jacquelyn at the LRT station and we actually kind of lost our way. finally we manage to get the direction there, i suddenly felt that my shoes became damn lose. then i look down.

OMG! MY SHOE SPLIT OPEN!
i was like..omg omg omg! what now? i look around me...seeing whether there is any cobbler or shoe shop. then keep checking my watch, ok..we still have 30 mins... cool down cool down... i asked one of the security there, whether there's any cobbler there, and he said just across the road *THANK GOD* and jac accompany me there, and yea..there's the cobbler!
sigh. the cobbler told me that it will take about 15 mins, whilst we were waiting, we bump into Mr Lim and LiHong, and they were heading towards the mamak beside the cobbler, so we joined them.
after 15 mins, i went back to the cobbler, inside me..i know that the cobbler will charge me slightly more higher than the usual rate..it's pretty obvious that i'm desperate. he charged me RM9. well, a little bit lesser than what i expected...i thought it will cost me rm10. so not that bad larh.... at least i dont need to limp around the firm with my spoilt shoe.
when it's almost time, all of us went up to the firm and the meeting begins. we learnt more about the operation of the firm, exactly what areas of expertise they had. and being such a big firm, it has various departments there, and i know it's a great place to be trained.
well, our interview will be on thursday morning. and i'll be sending my shoes to the cobbler tomorrow cause i realised that the left side one looks kind of faulty too. and i'll make sure that it won't split open on thursday!

No comments: