Wednesday, April 28

Ladies Coach.

About a month ago, KTMB announced that they will implement this new system where there would be coaches only for ladies. And I remember vividly that at that time, I was quite sceptical as to the success of such implementation. Like I mentioned in my previous post, to me, if the KTM passengers don't even bother to follow the most basic and common ethics in taking public transport,namely to que accordingly or to allow passengers to disembark first before boarding, what more abiding to a new "ladies coach" rules. Will it be effective?

Not only that, I was also sceptical as to how fast are they able to implement this rule. I mean, the KTM is famous for their delays. Be it "masalah teknikal" or it "Tren ke Rawang kini berada di somewhere-really-far-from-where-i-was-at-that-time" or "Tren ke Seremban yang dijadualkan tiba pada x.xx pm telah dibatalkan". I have been hearing all these for years and years. Despite their promises to upgrade their efficiency, I think I am quite justified to say that those are empty promises. So my next question will be that, how efficient will they be in implementing their new "ladies coach" rule?

On Monday, I was in KL Central, ready to board the KTM to head back home. And... well, I had the 1st glimpse of .....


To be honest, I was quite excited. I took out my mobile and took a photo of it (due to its low mp, it's not very clear) This is much for efficient than what I previously thought! But then again, it's just a label sticking at each window of that particular coach, that's not...very difficult? (ok, I should give them some credit for their efficiency lah)

Well, NOT surprisingly, both males and females board that compartment. When I went in, I even hesitated, is this the ladies coach or I went into the wrong compartment? Because the ratio of male and female is 50:50. The people either side of me and in front of me are all males. When I look further, it was a KTMB male staff.

Well, it's evident that such measures are just NOT effective.

It's just a mockery to put up such labels yet people are not following it.

No comments: