Tuesday, April 27

All These Things That I've Done


ALL THESE THINGS THAT I'VE DONE, By The Killers.

When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
One more son
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I want a meaning from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no

Help me out
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the backburner
You know you got to help me out

And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
These changes ain't changing me
The cold-hearted boy I used to be

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the backburner
You know you got to help me out
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
...

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the backburner
You know you got to help me out
You're gonna bring yourself down
You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the backburner
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

Over and out, last call for sin
While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done
All these things that I've done
If you can hold on
If you can hold on


okay, i know this song is not exactly new. it was aired sometime in 2004. i was introduced to this song recently by Cat, and she's a big fan of indie rock.
and me..well, being...not very "in" in the music industry, i had a total misconception of this genre of music.

anyways, she posted this song on my FB, and, me being me, when i 1st hear a new song, i'm more attracted to the rhythm and melody.
somehow the tune stuck into my head, and i just love the beat of this song.

after that, i googled the lyrics. and, i have to admit that i'm having some difficulties in understanding the meaning of this song. so i even have to google it. and after understanding this song, i realised that i'm even more attracted to this song. and despite the differing interpretation of this song, i just feel that..it would be more meaningful if some parts of it i interpret it the way i want it to be.

so. here goes.

When there's nowhere else to run, Is there room for one more son
when you're totally stuck in a situation, u felt that u have no where else to turn, u're asking God, whether there's a place for u to seek solace.

or

asking, if God can take me under His wing, the other son, being Jesus Christ.

If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on

It's like telling me, whenever you can hold onto something, just hold onto it.

I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't.
You claimed to know that I wanna stand up and let go, but in actual fact...u dont.

This is just like what one face everyday, sometimes people around claimed they understand, they know..but sometimes...they actually DON'T!

Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the backburner
Asking Got to help me out, and don't put me in the last priority.

But then again, God is always there whenever we need Him? It's us who tends to neglect His presence.

I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
This is my favourite phrase in this song.
I like to see it as:

Everyone has soul, the passion to do something. There are certain things in life we want to achieve, and it's with the soul to do it, that we are one step closer in achieving. But there are sometimes that such ambitions couldn't be achieved without hurting others, so it stops us from heading towards such ambition. unlike a soldier who would kill and hurt others so long their mission is accomplished. so, i got soul..but i'm not a soldier.



No comments: