Tuesday, April 20

Test of Memory Function?

Two weeks ago, CLP Final Revision started. We started off with CPC, and each subject will be for a 2 week period and only 12 hours for each subject. We are done with CPC and next week, would be on Evidence.

I think it's only now that reality really hits me.

There are just so MUCH TO MEMORISE!

Finally at this point, I truly understand why seniors were complaining about the syllabus. And how some people said that passing CLP don't really need intelligence, rather memory work. The more your brain can absorb like a sponge, the better you will score. But of course you can't just blindly vomit everything out without applying the correct law. But stilll, the amount of cases and Acts we have to memorise? it's just...WAY TOO MUCH. the mere thought of memorising already freak me out.

But then again, who am I to complain? Even our Subject Outline for the Examination for the Certificate in Legal Practice 2010 made it clear that "the examination is not a test of memory function by the candidates".

So, I guess I have to quit whining about the bulk of things we have to memorise, and to actually start memorising it.


13 statutes all together which we are NOT allowed to bring into the exam hall. Okaylah, it's not that we have to memorise every single thing inside there, but... about 20% of it? And it's not inclusive of cases.

Now tell me that it's not a test of memory. hmm.

No comments: