Monday, December 21

Irreconcilable Differences.

As time goes by, I'm sure everyone will know more people, made friends with new people and their social circle would expand. It's a never ending cycle where we will always get to know more and more people. But getting to know that and actually being friends with them is of course a different story all together.

For the past few years, ofcourse I get to know more people, and I'm blessed that some of them turn out to be my true friends. But of course, there were some mistakes in the past as well, people whom I counted on as friends ended up, well...to be the opposite. Like I said before, it takes time to really know a person's true colour. If you're lucky, it would be revealed in 1-2 years time.

In an unfortunate situation...it may take, well 4-5 years.

The truth that we found out was distasteful. Very,very ugly. It's so unacceptable. I even felt disgusted.But because of our longstanding years of friendship, we tried to put this behind us. Really. We did tried. And for the past few months, despite knowing the truth, everything seems to be back to normal. Although there were times where there was a hint of sarcasm when we talked to her... but, I sincerely thought all of us manage to put this all behind us.


But...it didn't.

I'm not sure whether it's because of the fact that we found out the truth that drove all of us apart. Or that the truth kind of triggered us to realised how very different we all really were. The so-called bond that we used to have since our secondary school days seems to have just vanished in mere months. It's like we can no longer have a proper conversation together.

I truly wish that our group wouldn't split up anymore. The same scenario occured about 3 years ago, still leave a bitter taste in me. And I don't want the same to occur again. I tried mending things, I attempted an outing between all of us. But, it just didn't turn out well. In fact, it just proved that our differences are no longer reconcilable.

There are so many things about them that we can't accept anymore, and no doubt...there are some part of us that they find unworthy too.

We had tried avoiding this for months, but it seems that we can no longer avoid the inevitable. It's even more apparent now that I have to accept the fact, that our group is definitely getting smaller. I just don't want to have another confrontation.

I don't deny that I preferred the way we are now. It's just that I don't think I can handle it getting smaller anymore.

So please, my dear friends. Please let it stay the way it is now.

No comments: