Thursday, July 2

A Shit-ty Day.

sigh. something extremely shiiiiitty happened today. ok, i'll start from the very begining.

friends that know me well, knew that i've a little phobia of driving. despite having my license for 3 ++ years, i barely drive. i myself don't really know why i'm so freak out about driving, was it that i'm afraid that i'll bang someone? or that i'll meet with an accident? or that my estimation is so bloody inaccurate?

anyways, for the past few weeks, i finally had the slight courage to drive. as in out of my housing area. and so far so good. nothing bad happened. UNTIL TODAY.

me and winnie were suppose to check out our new tuition place in Kota Damansara, and my friend told me that the easiest and fastest route there is via Sg Buloh. and, being not very familiar with Sg Buloh road, i drove carefully.and not going too fast. though we missed a few exits, but we finally manage to find that place in Kota Damansara.i parked my car there, talked to my friend then decided to head back to Kepong.

whilst i was reversing out from my parking space, got a car that was emerging, and i since my car was pretty near his, i was mainly focusing on my right side, since the opposite car was there. i already reverse completely out from my parking space, finally there was enough space, i wanted to go to the left, so that i'm back to my lane. ok, it was my fault for only focusing at my right and neglected looking whether there was car coming behind or not.

then just when i was about to let go my clutch and press my gas pedal to go straight up. **BAM"" wtf?!

stupid fat malay auntie driving stupid green van bang me. at the passenger seat there. WTH!!!!
ok, then we got down from the car, examine the damage, looking at that auntie. and since hers a van, so obviously NO FREAKING damage on her stupid van.

i tried to calm myself down, and started talking to that auntie. our conversation was somewhat:\

me: didn't you see my car ?
fat auntie: so you sekarang mau macam mana? settle ke pergi balai polis.
me: well, you bang my car, my car's damage. of course i hope that you'll compensate me. and i would want to avoid going to the balai polis as it's too much of a hassle.
fat auntie: so sekarang i salah lah ?
me: well, you're from behind.
fat auntie: wait, i call my lawyer.

me and winnie were like stoned for a while. WTH? call your lawyer? obviously your sole intention is just to threatened us. God knows why there's a need to do so. it's not like me and winnie look like some kind of mafia lady. the main reason that made me so pissed off was because of her that stupid statement that she wanted to call her lawyer.

me: ok, you call your lawyer . i'll wait. (i was just so damn pissed off and i just blurt another statement without thinking much)
i myself is a law student, ok? and the general rule is that if your car, emerging from behind, banged my car, which is like in front of you, you should be at fault (i know i sounded extremely stuck up, yea, so what if im a law student? so is 5,000 other law students, but i'm just too pissed)

at that time, i called my friend which was just around that area to come over to help me. thank goodness he's like "someone" in that area. apparently it's his constituency or that his friend (which was with him) is that area's local council. bottom line, that is their area (politically and legally)

it's not that i want to "cari masalah" or what, the reason i called my friend was not because that's his "area", but i needed someone to help as me and winnie has no experience at all. i was pissed with that auntie as she attempted to threatened me.

after 10 mins, my friend and his friend came and they started talking to that fat auntie and examine my car's damage. it seems like the auntie recognised them....

after that that fat auntie's lawyer came.

me: so you're her lawyer?
so-called lawyer: no i'm not a lawyer.i'm a kerani in the legal department. i deal with this kind of matter, obviously in this kind of situation you're at fault and you can file this problem but you're at the wrong side.

so me, winnie and the other two men were discussing what's the best option. honestly, i know i panic.initially i wanted some compensation so that i can answer my dad. but i know that the damage is not really serious. it's just a slight "kemek" at my passenger seat and the car door still can be open and close. i don't want to bring the matter to the police station, like i said..it's way too troublesome. and i myself know that i'm at fault as i didn't check my side mirror. what pissed me off is that fat auntie's attitude.

finally, i told them, fine.let's bygone be bygone. we'll just let this matter slide. and that kerani was still attempting to explain the matter that it wouldn't be beneficial for me to bring any proceedings (in my heart, you sudddup ok? you don't even have a legal background, don't you use legal terms with me? go back to your filing! ) then i shook hand with both of thems, and that stupid auntie, i think she was a bit scared, she was sitting in her van the whole time, actually want to hug me and give me a peck at my cheek (ok, not "a" but THREE TIMES!)

on our way back, me and winnie continued bitching about that two aunties.as if your lawyer will come and settle such minor issues for you? you think your lawyer are so free? please, there are much more important matters for lawyers to settle, OK? don't you dare bully me just because you have a lawyer. SO WHAT?!




2 comments:

Da Devil said...

u r panic...very panic i assume...the legal clerk come...oso juz wanted to scared u nia...u can eventually 'win'...and u can say to the clerk tat well..is ur so call client if u r a lawyer,at fault since she did no see properly and stuff..wakaka....anyway...wat to do..let pass be pass..hehe

Cnigel said...

rule of thumb when it comes to accident. if its slight dent that doesnt require heavy makeover forget about it...dont waste your energy quarrelling.even if a lawyer present, he/she may not necessary able to settle the dispute because THERE's NOT ALWAYS A STREET CCTV available at the accident scene to accurately determine where the fault lies on.it open rooms to lying and it takes a liar to catch a lie. Wish all the future lawyers good luck at handling road accident case in the future.it's fucking brain exploding to quarrel with unreasonable ppl