Tuesday, July 28

Rational / Irrational.

it was always said that what truly distinguished human beings from other beings is our ability to rationalised. we are able to rationalise what is right or wrong,what we ought or ought not do. yet sometimes i find it really ironic that, us humans always end up doing the irrational thing.

for example, if i had a long and tiring day on thurs; i shouldn't go clubbing at night.yet irrationality override rationality..i ended up going. and working on the very next day, and a long meeting at night. Rationality tells me i should crash into my bed once my meeting ended, yet i agreed to watch a late night movie with my sister. etc etc etc.... not only me, almost everyone i know will do something irrational. my friends, my families, my students, etc etc...

our lives are filled up with irrationalities. we do things although we know we ought not do it. we did things that are sometimes wrong and immoral consciously.

how are we to explain all this when we are suppose to be the only rational being in this world? are we then in actual fact irrational beings as well?

No comments: